Saturday, March 9, 2013

Soul Walker (A Touched Girl Series #1)

Be sure to check back Monday March 11th, 2013 for the release of Soul Bender (book #2 in the Touched Girl series)




Author: Robyn Jones
Release date: December 9, 2012
Pages: approximately 91,000 words
Source: My personal copy
Reading level: Young Adult


Buy on Amazon

Visit Robyn's Blog







Description: 
"I need to get you to the hospital." He was taking responsibility for me. Only my parents had that job. I stretched my hand out in protest, but the lack of depth perception had my trembling fingers grazing his overheated neck. I swore his whole body shook.
When five-year-old Anna Pierce is offered a chance to have nightmare-free nights for the small price of her voice, she jumps at it. Silence has to be better than all-consuming dreams about blood and death and fangy monsters. the bargain she strikes comes with a secondary benefit, visions of a person's future potential. The combination of visions and silence changes her very nature and soon she's diagnosed with autism. Twelve years of living in her head comes to a screeching halt the moment Peter Davis pulls her out of an icy river.
Her new life has her twirling, tiptoeing, and crashing through unfamiliar territory, one filled with a cranky grandma, a knocked up cousin, and unpleasant cousin, a bunch of mostly good vampires and the boy who rescued her.
To top it all off, the deal she made at five is no more. Anna is expected to talk, to figure out her resurfacing nightmares, and to control her ever-growing powers. And she'd better get it done soon because if the good vamps want a piece of a living breathing Touched girl, the evil ones simply want. They''ll take Anna for their very own. -Amazon


Teaser Sentence(s): 
'"You're flirting. Peter Davis who never had to work at getting a beautiful woman to melt for him is flirting with odd little Anna Pierce."...

 ..."I have stashes of chocolate. I love slipping into my soft bed, pulling the covers up to  my chin, and falling off to sleep. I know all the songs your sing by heart. I actually practiced burning grilled cheese sandwiches. Maybe I'm a bit odd too."'

My Thoughts: 
I actually had this book on my to-be-read list for about 2 months, and only recently purchased it. I wish I would have bought it sooner! 
 I love Anna. She is a great protagonist. After over a decade of living in her own non-verbal world she finally gets a chance to have friends and a teenage life. I really like how much of a free-spirit she is. She isn't afraid to dance and twirl when she is extremely happy, and it's interesting to watch her figuring out new emotions like anger. 
The vampires in this story are awesome. I like it when vamps do not live up to the old stereotypes (besides the blood-sucking one, they aren't really vampires if they don't do that). There are 2 types in this series, Hunters and Sires. I liked them both for their own special reasons. The Hunters are quick and deadly, and the Sires have two different sets of awesome fangs. With all that being said, on to Peter. Peter is absolutely my new book boyfriend of the moment. He is a hot, stealthy vampire and Anna's watcher. I loved his and Anna's relationship. You could feel the chemistry between them perfectly. I can't wait to see where the next book takes them. 
I am excited for the next book in this series. I believe Anna and Peter are only temporarily out of trouble. I know those bad, twin vampires are going to do something. I am curious to see if we get to learn anymore about the 'hippie' vampires in the woods. I also look forward to seeing if Anna discovers anymore of her Touched girl powers. Or at least gets a better control on them. 
I definitely suggest you get on Amazon right now and buy your copy!









2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I will have to add to my TBR for sure. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of this book before. Is it a less-known one?

    I was intrigued by the synopsis - girl makes a deal to give up her voice? Sounds original enough -, then hooked by your fantastic review. I'm off to goodreads to add this one to my TBR list!

    -Kelly @ Paper Fantasies

    ReplyDelete