Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2)



My Soul to Save
(Soul Screamers #2)
Rachel Vincent

Release Date:
December 29, 2009

Publisher:
Harlequin

Pages:
288

Source:
My Personal Copy

Reading Level:
Young Adult


Description:
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.
So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul.
The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld-a consequence they can't possibly understand.
Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk... ~Goodreads

Teaser Sentence(s):
And as the impossibility of what we were about to attempt truly sank in, I focused on one thought to keep myself calm: Weirdest. Wednesday. Ever.

My Thoughts:
I love the Soul Screamers series. I, personally, have not stumbled upon another quite like it. The series contains a lot of folklore and mythology, then some dark paranormal is added in with the grim reapers and demons. I think it makes for a good mix.
In My Soul to Save you get to know Tod much better. He is the main reason this part of the story is taking place. I am still partial to Nash, but it was nice to get to know his grim reaper/bean sidhe brother a little better. 
Kaylee is great. She is not whiney, and is insistant on saving souls. Even when the outcome doesn't look good, and she is bound to get in some kind of trouble. Kaylee always seems ready to jump in and tangle with demons. I love her brave, strong will. Nash is always suporting Kaylee, even when he thinks the plan may not be the best idea. Sometimes, I wish he would be a little more assertive with Kaylee, instead of always letting her run the show. 
I don't know why it took so long for me to find this series, but I definately recommend it to all the lovers of dark paranormal.  

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment