Monday, May 6, 2013

The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3)


The Iron Queen
(The Iron Fey #3)
Julie Kagawa

Release Date:
January 25, 2011

Publisher:
Harlequin

Pages:
368

Source:
My Personal Copy

Reading Level:
Young Adult






Description:
My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back. ~Amazon

Teaser Sentence(s):
He favored me with another patient look. "And how much experience do you have with swords and weapons in general?"
"Um." I glanced down at the saber in my hand. "Thirty seconds?"

My Thoughts:
Okay, I am trying to figure out where to even start here. At first I was worried. I thought the book had a really slow start. It took until about half way through before the story picked up. 
The Iron Queen is book 3, so by now I know all the characters pretty well. I was thrilled that Ironhorse was mentioned as much as he was, and in his own way played a very important part in helping make things easier on Meghan and her companions. 

"Be quite, Goodfellow," Ash growled, peering into the shadows with narrowed eyes. "We're not alone."
"Yeah? How do you figure that, prince? I don't see anyone" (Puck)
"The cait sith has disappeared."
"...crap." (Puck)

I love Puck and Grimalkin. Usually, I do not like talking cats. There are very few exceptions to this for me. (Cheshire Cat, Salem) Grimalkin is absolutely one of my exceptions. His attitude is just how I think every cat thinks-a little stuck-up and only looking out for themselves. Although, I do believe Grim helps more selflessly than he is given credit for. He doesn't always make a bargain or gain something in return. 
Puck also has an I-don't-give-a-crap attitude that makes me love him even more. He is continuously loyal to Meghan. Even after she hurt him, and broke his heart. He is still always there when she needs him. Always trying to make her happy, even if it's at his own expense. He is the perfect best-friend.

'And he stayed there, kneeling beside me, holding my hand in his. Something splashed the back of my hand, cold as spring water, crystallizing to my skin. A faery's tears.'

Ash wrecks havoc on my emotions. It only takes about 2 sentences involving him to break my heart. For a dark, winter faery, who hardly ever shows any emotions himself, his scenes get to me the most. I do not know how Julie Kagawa manages this, but Kudos to you, Julie. Ash makes the series for me. I am super excited the next book, The Iron Knight, is his book. (yay!) 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment