Monday, November 24, 2014

Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy #1)


Nocte
(The Nocte Trilogy #1)
Courtney Cole

Release Date:
November 3, 2014

Publisher:
Lakehouse Press

Pages:
320

Source:
My Personal Copy

Reading Level:
New Adult



Description:
Save me and I'll save you...

My name is Calla Price. I’m eighteen years old, and I’m one half of a whole. 
My other half-- my twin brother, my Finn-- is crazy. 

I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I’m terrified he’ll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me.

I’m doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I’m drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline. 

Dare DuBray. 

He’s my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I’m afraid, where I belong, where I’m lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me. 

He has the power to destroy me. 

Maybe that’s ok. Because I can’t seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt. 

Why? Because of a secret. 

A secret I’m so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming. 

You won’t either.

Teaser Sentence:
"...I'm not a trekkie. I'm a die-hard Whovian. I don't think I can be both."

My Thoughts:
There is not much I can say that the description doesn't tell you without letting in spoilers. And I absolutely do not want to spoil anything if you have not read this. Nocte is a piece of literary art.The story sucks you in, and the characters are well written and likable. I find that when you read a lot of books, the way most of us do, you tend to be better at picking up the subtle hints and predicting endings. I never saw the twist at the end of Nocte coming, And OMG was it a twist! It was definitely not something you could have predicted. My only fear with continuing this series is that the first book was so great I am scared the next installment won't be able to hold up to the first. I still have a lot of hope for it, and cannot wait for it's release date. I would give Nocte more than five stars if my scale went that high! I recommend you drop whatever you are currently reading, and start reading Nocte. You can always go back to what you were reading once you finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment