Monday, November 10, 2014

Stone Cold Touch (Dark Elements #2)

Stone Cold Touch
(Dark Elements #2)
Jennifer Armentrout

Release Date:
October 21, 2014

Publisher:
Harlequin Teen

Pages:
464

Source:
My Personal Copy

Reading Level:
Young Adult




Description:
Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life-no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who's pretty sure things can't get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could.
But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla's powers begin to evolve, and she's offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She's finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay...  ~ Goodreads

My Thoughts:
It seems like not very long ago, during a live chat, that Jennifer L. Armentrout announced she was writing a series about gargoyles. And now, here I am writing up a review for the second book in that series. 
It's very hard for JLA to not please me. It has happened in the past, but not with this series! I loved Stone Cold Touch. Maybe not quite as much as White Hot Kiss, but I still loved it.
I guess I should go ahead and let it be known that I am team Roth. I like Zayne a lot as a character and as a best friend. But, as far as a love interest for Layla, I am Roth all the way. Roth is the crown prince of Hell, so I feel he needs a little good in his life. And he definitely needs some love. I like the idea of Zayne being a protector and friend to Layla.
Layla has definitely done some growing up. She has been lied to and betrayed so many times that she is learning she can't even trust the ones she always thought of as her family. Stone Cold Touch ends with her just about losing everything. I can't wait to see how she ends up handling everything in the next installment. Layla has grown so much as a character that I expect her to woman-up and take on the world.
This book has lots of twist and turns along the way making it stay interesting. It was very hard to stop turning pages. Bambi is almost a constant. (Who ever would have though I would love a snake so much) There is plenty of Roth and Zayne, some betrayals, and
the ending was OMG! I cannot believe we have to wait until next year to find out where it goes from here.


If you follow this series leave me a comment on which you prefer. Are you for Roth, Zayne or maybe even Bambi?



No comments:

Post a Comment